Skip to main content

A blog about Blogging....why not!

I really should blog more!

So today while rearranging my email signature (priorities, right) I noticed that in fact although I loved to write, I hadn't been writing my blog for quite sometime.

Last weekend I went to the nchp conference in London, not only is it so heartwarming to be in a room of people who give their minds and lives over to assist in others journeys but also that it always brings me back to my own path and what I love.

I had recently given a talk on sexuality to a local public school and I loved how when the words tumbled from my mouth they all made not only sense to me but those listening.
It was amazing to get such sophisticated questions from some fairly young students who were soo eager to lean about how vast the sexual landscape is.

I have been working on my own idea of sexual landscape to incorporate how fluid and ever changing your sexuality can be over time and in my own personal way how I have gone from heterosexuality to Bisexuality via Pansexuality.
If it can happen to me then surely it can happen to anyone.

In honour of this talk I created a leaflet titled What is Sexuality and I so enjoyed making it and seeing the finished product answering questions from people that I'm keen to create more on different subjects from LGBTQI+ and Alternative Sexualities.

Before the nch conference I went to the NCHP conference, a two day affair in an wood panelled hotel in the centre of Leicester.
Where I was given the most amazing of honours.

Well I'd better keep writing this because I have too much to say!

See you Soon.
Z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds Aid Day 2018 Self Test

Founded in 1988, World AIDS Day is on the 1st December every year.  It gives people around the world the opportunity to unite in the fight against HIV.  Through community events and in private we gather to show support for people currently living with HIV, while commemorating those no longer with us having lost the fight to an AIDS-related illness.  An estimated 36.7 million people globally are affected by the virus.  In the 34 years since the virus was first identified more than 35 million people have died of HIV or AIDS, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.  The theme this year is "Know your status"  So I thought I should know my own.  I ordered a test online from here , there was just a few questions and it was on its way to me.  When it arrived I questioned why was I even doing this... I've always been careful with my sexual partners Don't forget there could be up to...

Joss Whedon, Feminist Icon or just human?

I am a bit on the longer side in the tooth of mature to have been a massive Buffy fan but I did watch it and well always having had a bit of a crush on Anthony Head, why wouldn't I tune in. The show got huge ratings but also some began to consider Joss Whedon as a bit of feminist hero not only because of his portrayal of a strong female lead but kinda just because he said so..... Well, his now ex-wife (couldn't imagine a present one) has gone to town on him, exposing his inappropriate emotional and physical relationships with others throughout their 16 yr marriage. Is a he therefore a bit of douchebag? deffo. How much responsibility do those who were involved with the infidelity take on? They would have known he was married and do you think every single one of them was a budding easily lead naive actress? The casting couch, the expectation that someone trying to get ahead would sleep with someone more powerful than them to gain the advantage over those not willing ...