Skip to main content

Stop Press The Dr has a Vagina


I'm a bit of a geek, quite a bit of a geek if truth be known.

So there I was this afternoon, cooking a roast all while having one ear on the television waiting for what looked like the forgone conclusion of Federer winning to finish.
I passed the time talking to fellow geeks and throwing various names into the hat for position of the new Dr.

It seemed like an age before they had finished making small talk with who is arguably the best male tennis player ever.

And then Sue Baker said the words that made my ears prick up.
"Dr Who"

The trailer started and I of course recorded it onto my sky+ box for posterity.

Ok, so its someone in a hoodie...........can't really tell from the hands, I thought the nails looked slightly male shaped but then the camera flashed up to eyelashes coated in a lick of mascara and the unmistakable face of a female.

OMFG its finally a woman.

I watched more than once, amazing I thought and well overdue.

Then I remembered an hour earlier I had posted an article about Jodie Whittaker being a late comer to the name the Dr Who game.

Nail, head and hitting came to mind!

So as the next few hours unfolded and I got on with making some hypnosis Mp3s for clients I began to see on my social media what can only be described as misogynistic arseholes spitting scorn on the decision.

Comments a bit like

"Seems a bit weird, changing characters gender seems to be in vogue at the moment"

"Yet to be convinced"

This wasn't just happening on my page either, wherever I looked I saw crap like.

"What next Zac Efron as Lara Croft?"

"I despise PC"

Have these Men (and they all are presenting as male) not noticed that its 2017 and women can even vote nowadays.

The most shocking thing to me is some of these people are therapists......
When they have such views then how can they treat women.....particularly strong and powerful ones.

I felt compelled to write some responses and amongst some I have said is
"If the Master can be a woman then why not the Dr?"

I kinda knew I could get into trouble with some of my Facebook friends for having such a liberal, what appears to be forward thinking attitude but frankly I don't give flying fuck.

Their attitude stinks but thankfully there are some wonderful people that liked my comments, I guess because any rational person knows there is no issue in a woman being the Dr like myself.

The thought has crossed my mind to unfriend these idiots who have issues with humans with vaginas... maybe they need to come and see me to talk through their feelings of what might be their own feelings of demasculinisation.
I would however miss out on the sweet pleasure of them eating their words when Jodie does an excellent job.

I will stand my corner because it doesn't make any difference what body parts a Dr has but just that they are the right person for the job at the right time.
This one I feel will run and run.

As some proper geeks amongst us would cheer "Heres to the crimbo special"

Can't bloody wait!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds Aid Day 2018 Self Test

Founded in 1988, World AIDS Day is on the 1st December every year.  It gives people around the world the opportunity to unite in the fight against HIV.  Through community events and in private we gather to show support for people currently living with HIV, while commemorating those no longer with us having lost the fight to an AIDS-related illness.  An estimated 36.7 million people globally are affected by the virus.  In the 34 years since the virus was first identified more than 35 million people have died of HIV or AIDS, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.  The theme this year is "Know your status"  So I thought I should know my own.  I ordered a test online from here , there was just a few questions and it was on its way to me.  When it arrived I questioned why was I even doing this... I've always been careful with my sexual partners Don't forget there could be up to...

Joss Whedon, Feminist Icon or just human?

I am a bit on the longer side in the tooth of mature to have been a massive Buffy fan but I did watch it and well always having had a bit of a crush on Anthony Head, why wouldn't I tune in. The show got huge ratings but also some began to consider Joss Whedon as a bit of feminist hero not only because of his portrayal of a strong female lead but kinda just because he said so..... Well, his now ex-wife (couldn't imagine a present one) has gone to town on him, exposing his inappropriate emotional and physical relationships with others throughout their 16 yr marriage. Is a he therefore a bit of douchebag? deffo. How much responsibility do those who were involved with the infidelity take on? They would have known he was married and do you think every single one of them was a budding easily lead naive actress? The casting couch, the expectation that someone trying to get ahead would sleep with someone more powerful than them to gain the advantage over those not willing ...

A blog about Blogging....why not!

I really should blog more! So today while rearranging my email signature (priorities, right) I noticed that in fact although I loved to write, I hadn't been writing my blog for quite sometime. Last weekend I went to the nchp conference in London, not only is it so heartwarming to be in a room of people who give their minds and lives over to assist in others journeys but also that it always brings me back to my own path and what I love. I had recently given a talk on sexuality to a local public school and I loved how when the words tumbled from my mouth they all made not only sense to me but those listening. It was amazing to get such sophisticated questions from some fairly young students who were soo eager to lean about how vast the sexual landscape is. I have been working on my own idea of sexual landscape to incorporate how fluid and ever changing your sexuality can be over time and in my own personal way how I have gone from heterosexuality to Bisexuality via Pansexual...