Skip to main content

Joss Whedon, Feminist Icon or just human?


I am a bit on the longer side in the tooth of mature to have been a massive Buffy fan but I did watch it and well always having had a bit of a crush on Anthony Head, why wouldn't I tune in.

The show got huge ratings but also some began to consider Joss Whedon as a bit of feminist hero not only because of his portrayal of a strong female lead but kinda just because he said so.....

Well, his now ex-wife (couldn't imagine a present one) has gone to town on him, exposing his inappropriate emotional and physical relationships with others throughout their 16 yr marriage.

Is a he therefore a bit of douchebag?
deffo.

How much responsibility do those who were involved with the infidelity take on?
They would have known he was married and do you think every single one of them was a budding easily lead naive actress?

The casting couch, the expectation that someone trying to get ahead would sleep with someone more powerful than them to gain the advantage over those not willing to.
Didn't work for Maureen Prescott...

Power is a great aphrodisiac and he obviously and apparently ruthlessly used it in a most effective style to satisfy his somewhat shallow carnal requirements.
This my friends is a classic example of someone who isn't 'a keeper'....

But why expose your relationship dirty laundry in public?

I do ask clients to write letters to their ex, they normally offer them to me to read but the exercise is purely for them.
To remind them why they shouldn't/wouldn't/couldn't go back and repeat past actions.
It can help to point out how "they are an ex for a reason".

In my opinion all that seems to have happened is she has written that closure letter but then decided to try and teach the world about her ex.

It may have helped her in the short run but long term who is it actually gonna help?
They have children and well we all know children are liable to be bloody horrible to each other.

Has it enriched her life by attempting to expose his?
A question I ask my clients, by doing this action or displaying a certain emotion, has it enhanced your experience on earth and mostly the answer is.....Not much.

If you won't sit in traffic but prefer to go the longer way round all you have really achieved is using more fuel.
Just sit, be, think, sing, be grateful, because you can't change the traffic so don't let it change you.

He will continue to make films and it won't dent much of his estimated $100 million fortune, he will carry on, regardless of our opinion of him being an arsehole.
Let's not forget even heroes make mistakes, its how we deal with their's and our own that is important 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.G.B.T.Q.N.B

What is it with all the letters?! It can be a minefield with all the acronyms and it doesn't look like its gonna get simpler anytime soon.  So lets begin when we had the gay pride movement (it was only legalised in 1967) although people have always been gay but they just did it in secret or got prosecuted for it. Google Alan Turing.  This was to promote equal rights for all genders and sexualities (some would argue we are no where near to that even today).  Lesbian, women (whether genetic or not) who are attracted exclusively to other women (whether genetic or not). Gay used to mean happy and I like to think it still does, being out and proud should be a gay persons right.  Transgender    including people whose gender identity is the opposite of their assigned sex (trans men and trans women) People have always cross dressed, this isn't the same as transgender...confusing eh. Queer had been reclaimed by the community just like other words which were on

Worlds Aid Day 2018 Self Test

Founded in 1988, World AIDS Day is on the 1st December every year.  It gives people around the world the opportunity to unite in the fight against HIV.  Through community events and in private we gather to show support for people currently living with HIV, while commemorating those no longer with us having lost the fight to an AIDS-related illness.  An estimated 36.7 million people globally are affected by the virus.  In the 34 years since the virus was first identified more than 35 million people have died of HIV or AIDS, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.  The theme this year is "Know your status"  So I thought I should know my own.  I ordered a test online from here , there was just a few questions and it was on its way to me.  When it arrived I questioned why was I even doing this... I've always been careful with my sexual partners Don't forget there could be up to  8,000 people walking

Sssssssshhhhhh Listen to the silence....

Can you hear that? Well neither can I, isn't it brilliant. During my supervision today I spoke about how 2 of my clients had individually unintentionally, encouraged me to internally philosophise about the beauty of silence and how it has its place in the therapy room. As an only child I grew up not saying very much to people, I spent my time programming rudimentary computers and thinking while being really shy and introverted. Now however I still have children living at home, 1 of whom is still very young so its not too quiet at home anymore! I still like my own company, time to reflect and bounce ideas around on the inside of my head, I make the most of any time I have to do it. It also reminded me that I had recently watched a television series where famous people are given therapy. I do not however watch it anymore for the 'celebrity' contained within but the therapist. Anytime I can observe another therapist work, I do as for me its a lovely way to see the